On Repeat #33


TESSA
Drunk in Love - Beyonce ft. Jay-Z
Queen B has done it again. I bought this album when it was still exclusively on iTunes (which I never do, thanks to Spotify, but I couldn't wait this one out) and just finally got around to listening to it. Once again - flawless. I actually couldn't find my favorite two songs (Partition, Flawless) so I went ahead and picked my very close third favorite. Then again, you can never go wrong with a B & Jay-Z collaboration, am I right? So if you've been living under a rock, go download this album right now and thank me later, after you're done jamming out for an hour.




RACHEL
Let 'Em In - Paul McCartney
     So, I don't know if you've heard of him but Paul McCartney is pretty good. I just recently returned from a vaction, which required me to suffer an 11 hour car ride. Naturally, a binge listen to the classic vinyl station ensued. I'd never actually been aware of this song but I'm glad to have discovered it. It also sparked my download of his new album, cleverly named "New". The verdict isn't out on that just yet (seems a little over-worked) but I'd highly recommend this throwback anyway.





JEN
Beautiful War - Kings of Leon
     We all know KOL's breakout song, Use Somebody. But if you haven't checked out any of this band's other music, you have failed 2014 so far. Their newest album is full of powerful ballads and catchy upbeat tracks among others. This one is my favorite because the lyrics are so fitting to how a relationship can be at times: a beautiful war. The line "I said love don't mean nothin', unless there's something worth fighting for" are just pure gold. CHECK. THEM. OUT. NOW.


TORI
Miss You- Rolling Stones
     I'm pretty sure I've used this song before, but that should just be more of a testament of how amazing it is. I completely forgot how awesome it was until Tavi Gevinson tweeted about it a couple weeks ago and this song is definitely a staple you should be listening to. This 1978 single is just  pure musical genius. First off, it's the Stones. Secondly, just try to listen to this song and not feel exponentially more sassy. Just do it. I'm right, I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment