On Repeat #34 | Work Out Inspiration


Continuing from our themed "Best of 2013" On Repeat, Tori came up with the idea to share our favorite workout songs with you guys, inspired by everybody making a New Years resolution to get back to the gym. Any songs you think we missed? Comment below! xx FBG

RACHEL
1. I'll Make a Man Out of You - Mulan soundtrack (Danny Osmond)
2. Higher - The Saturdays
3. Bonfire (explicit) - Childish Gambino
     Do I even need to mention why this Disney song made my list? It has a great pace that helps me build up to a sprint, plus it's badass and inspirational. As for The Saturdays, I think Tori and I discovered this brilliance of this song for workouts (when I was in much better shape...) Lastly, I couldn't go without throwing a little rap in the mix. "Bonfire" is  on point and will forever be on my workout playlist. 

TORI
1. Va Va Voom- Nicki Minaj 
2. Y.A.L.A- MIA
3. Pelican- The Maccabees
     I don't even like Nicki Minaj, but ever since I saw Claire's "Best Lipsticks" video set to Va Va Voom it's been stuck in my head. It's good to work out to because of it's beat. Which is also why I chose Y.A.L.A by MIA. Well, I mean, do I need a reason? MIA is a badass. The Maccabees definitely feel out of place in this selection but I love this song. Also, just want to add that that I'm impressed Rachel, Tessa, and I didn't choose One Direction. Probably because it's just a given. 

TESSA
1. Send It Up - Kanye West
2. Backseat Freestyle - Kendrick Lamar
3. Tapout - Rich Gang
     Of course I don't stray for my love of rap when working out. I just find that it pumps me up the best, and also pushes me through brutal interval workouts on the treadmill. Kanye was an obvious choice here, Yeezus has gotten me through many (okay probably like 4) 2 mile runs in the past year. Of course I had to throw Kendrick in, seeing as Rachel took my original second place choice (Childish Gambino's Bonfire) plus Backseat Freestyle is pretty much 100% in your face. Tap Out was kind of a throw in, because honestly any hip hop song tends to get the job done for me. 

JEN
1. Werkin' Girls - Angel Haze
2. m.A.A.d. city - Kendrick Lamar
3. Dark Horse - Katy Perry
     I have the most random list of all time. Hate on me. Number 1 is from the movie The Heat starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy so you really can't go wrong. It's also just girl power to the max and that always pumps me up. I'm following that track up with more Kendrick, surprise surprise. This song makes me so pumped with that consistent beat in the background. Also, every time they yell "yah yah yah yah" I feel the need to fist bump..... Anyway, the last track may seem to be out of left field but it's super emotional and spiteful which can drive any girl forward easily.


KAYLEY
1. Just Can't Get Enough - Depeche Mode
2. She's Not Afraid - One Direction
3. Roar - Katy Perry
So, I think everyones top three are a little bit random considering different things motivate different people. My number one is Just Can't Get Enough it's an eighties classic and it really gets me going. I think a lot of eighties music would be ideal for working out. Second, another real up beat song by none other than my favorite idiots - One Direction. I sometimes just listen to their entire albums but I picked one that really gets me pumped. Last but not least, Roar by Katy Perry - she has a lot of good pop/upbeat songs to choose from but I really enjoy Roar because I find it to be really empowering (to me at least). Especially the line "I went from zero, to my own hero".

0 comments:

Post a Comment