On Repeat #37

RACHEL
Mind Over Matter – Young the Giant
     So I finally downloaded YTG’s sophomore album (look how professional) and that was fo sho a solid choice. I think some of us broke girls will definitely have to be attending their concert come March. Tori and I have seen them live already, and they don’t disappoint. The atmosphere at the show was fantastic. The new tracks are a little catchier and less ambient than their debut album, which I have listened to from beginning to end countless times. I won’t be surprised if the same happens with Mind Over Matter. Sameer’s vocals are still beyond on point, and the instrumental remains interesting.  The titular single was my choice for the week, but I’d also highly recommend “Crystallized”, “Waves”, and “Eros” in particular. But check out the whole album – it’s on Spotify so you have no excuse.

TESSA
Surprise, surprise! Another country choice. I'm still in a rut, I don't think it's going to end anytime soon, and I'm not going to apologize for it (btw, anybody down to move to Nashville like tomorrow? I'm game). This totally started off as a guilty pleasure, but then I got hooked. I probably listen to this about 5 times a day. I'm ridiculous, I know. I love Lucy Hale (talk about good brow game), so checking out her music was only natural. I'm actually kind of excited for her to drop an album. This song is perfect to just blare in the car and sing a long to, so catchy and upbeat. I have a feeling this will be a summer anthem of mine, much to the other Broke girls' dismay. 

TORI
Mean Girls- Best Coast
I haven't listened to Best Coast in awhile, like probably the tour for this album awhile. However, for some reason one the songs off The Only Place got stuck in my head and I had to revisit the whole album. For sure "Mean Girls" and "Angst," the two bonus tracks, are the most frequently played of the bunch. I mean, "Angst," like, where could that song go wrong? In reality, I have pretty much exclusively listened to Bankrupt! by Phoenix and The Only Place this week. Plus, Best Coast for some reason is fun to sing in the car. Don't hate. 





JEN
23 - Mike will Made-It ft. Wiz Khalifa, Miley Cyrus, & Juicy J
     I never thought the day would come when I posted two Juicy J songs on here... let alone know who Juicy J was. I've been on a catchy pop-rap binge (another thing that I never thought would happen) so of course this anthem has to be included. I've been avoiding the fact that school has actually started when all I want to do is go out with my friends. Listening to party music has made the transition a little easier... and also pumped me up all this week for the weekend. Whoopsies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment