On Repeat #35

TESSA
On My Own - Miley Cyrus
I know I'm way behind the bandwagon on this one, but God damn, Miley. A+ 10/10 on this whole album. It's a very real possibility that so far in 2014 all I've listened to is Bangerz and Beyonce. You have to admit that's a pretty flawless combination though (because they're both queens, get over it). Anyway, I really enjoy this whole album, it's been great for my commutes and I can jam out to the whole thing, non-stop. This song always seems to be the one I start out with though. Let's be real, who doesn't love a song about being strong and independent? Beyonce may have done it first, but dare I say: Miley did it better. If you have been under a rock (like me) and haven't yet dis
covered this album, go do it right now. You won't regret it.

TORI
Fade Away- Selah Sue
I know that I've used Selah Sue before, but I recently discovered this song again and just kept listening to it. It's whatever, because she is amazing. Seriously, not only is she beyond talented, let's just talk about hair and style envy. She is one of the best performers I've seen and such a chill person from the short little hug I got from her (plus a picture in which I am so grateful for). Her songs always have a deeper meaning without being chalked full of lyrics, and I love that so much about her songwriting. It's a pretty chill rhythm and is just a relaxing song. I say that, even though the lyrics are pretty depressing.



RACHEL
sad love song from someone else - LITTLEFOOT
     This week's selection was actually brought to me via YouTube. Someone featured it as background music so I decided to check the band out. What originally stuck me was the style, which seems fairly similar to The Growlers (which I've been all about lately). They still maintain the laid back, almost beach vibe - but the female vocals read more...ethereal? Is that too dramatic? Probably. You can actually download this single for free from their bandcamp (linked above) but be sure to check out their other tracks while you're there. Their lyrics are less than uplifting, but I think it fits their sound well - and my personality.  Hopefully I can hunt down more of their music in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment