Tuesday Talk | Winter Nails

Hey, y'all. Who would have ever thought that I would be the first to post for a collaboration post? Just some proof that miracles do happen. School has finally started for everyone here at FBG much to our dismay and irritation, but alas school is necessary. Today we are bringing to you our final installment of the Winter theme we've used for our new collaboration posts. This week is nail edition (so prepare to head to the drugstore to buy these gorgeous shades).

JEN
Sephora by OPI in If You've Got It, Haunt It
     Please pardon the slight chipping on a couple fingers - keeping my nails from chipping is a daily effort that usually fails. I painted my nails yesterday and life is too hard for me to keep them perfect for more than five minutes (I'm not exaggerating). This polish came in a set from Sephora which I purchased a while ago, which is obvious since this line is no longer sold.... so sorry. I just can't get over this black polish with the most subtle glitter in it. I usually hate glitter nail polish because it's so flashy but this is classy and understated. Unfortunately you'd have to search on Ebay to find this shade but I'm sure there are dupes out there. Look for black bases with teensy-tiny cool-toned glitter.

TESSA
Essie's Stylenomics
I purchased this shade about a year ago and didn't get around to using it much but I fell in love with it this holiday season. It's a dark, forest green that can look black in some lights (in fact, it's gotten mistaken for black on multiple occasions). Lots of colors like this picked up a lot of popularity during the start of autumn, specifically After School Boy Blazer, and of course I had to jump on the bandwagon. I own enough blue polish to sink a boat though, so green was my go-to alternative. I'm pretty sure this color is part of the permanent line so you should still be able to find it in store.


TORI
Essie's After School Boy Blazer

Like Tessa already mentioned, darker colors are pretty key to a winter look. Sure some people can pull off the light, pastel colors for winter. However, I am never one of those people. I was originally going to use a Sonia Kashuk nail polish that is a beautiful emerald green. Alas, Tessa nabbed the color and I went for navy. I first caught sight of this color through Vivianna Does Makeup and have been obsessed with finding it ever since. I actually got this color a couple weeks ago and I've just kept applying it. Also, navy is a nice alternative to black when you're looking for some color (yes, that's as far as I dare go).


RACHEL
Revlon Vixen
     Fairly stereotypical for this season, but whateva. I can’t resist dark clothing so naturally dark nails have the same allure. I actually picked this up in early summer and it’s remained a staple in my collection year round. I was lusting after Essie’s Wicked, but this is a spot-on dupe at less than half the price. I’ve yet to be disappointed my Revlon’s standard range of polish. Especially with dark hues, a quality formula is crucial. A blackened red looks vampy but still maintains an element of class - ha. Regardless, perfectly suited for winter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment